Men’s Club Night: Men’s club night takes place every Thursday at 7.30pm from October to March. Sun, rain or snow there’ll always be someone there. All levels are welcome and this is a great way to meet other members while getting in a bit of practice. We usually organise a mixture of doubles matches but if you prefer singles we will always try and keep everyone happy.
Please note there is a €1 floodlight charge during the winter months.
Mixed Club Night: Mixed club night runs every Wednesday from April to August starting at 7.30pm. This is social tennis at its most social, so go easy on that serve !
Club Championships:Take place end August to start October and cater for all levels of players from novice to the more seasoned players. It includes singles and doubles competitions.
Fingal League: Usually run during April/May. This inter-club competition is especially designed for players who would not usually get the opportunity to compete in the more formal inter-club leagues.
Dublin Lawn Tennis Club Leagues (DLTC): The DLTC run a number of inter-club leagues throughout the year and the Swords men’s team are always represented well in these competitions. We are always looking to give new members a chance of competing in the leagues as this is the best way to improve your game.
- Winter League: January through February / March, comprising team(s) of 3 doubles pairings
- Summer League: May through June, comprising team(s) of 3 singles and 2 doubles pairings
- Mixed League: July through August, comprising team(s) of 3 mixed doubles pairings
- Senior League: September through October, comprising team(s) of 3 doubles pairings
- Floodlight League: October through November, comprising team(s) of 4. Draw each week to decide whether you play singles or doubles.
Fixtures, results and league tables can be found be here.
Mens Singles Ladder:
We have a year round Mens Ladder for those of you with a competitive edge. All players are ranked based on the previous year’s singles club championship. Any member not entering the club championships is added in alphabetical order. Any new members joining will be added to the bottom of the ladder.
If you think you should be higher on the ladder then it’s time to make a challenge and set the record straight!
Ladder rules can be found on the clubhouse notice board